Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Getting Started


Hello out there, any of you who have stumbled across this blog. Let me introduce myself. Online I go by the name Shadow Foxx IV (That's IV as in The 4th) or Shaddy Lovencraft, and I love comic books. I love them so much I'm starting this blog just to talk about my collection and the adventures I have building it. Because let's face it... Collecting comic books IS an adventure. It's not all just sitting on your butt in front of a computer checking one online shop after another and browsing eBay for countless hours until you get hemorrhoids from it (although that is involved). It's also scouring through real comic shops, book stores, antique stores, and flea markets to find that one really rare comic you have spent the better part of your life looking for. Yes, there's even the occasional deal made with some shady guy in a trench coat in some back alley...

But that's only part of what this blog is going to be about. I will be recording all of my adventures with shady characters and grizzled old book store owners, but I will also be giving constant updates on my own personal quest. Many comic book collectors have that one 'special' comic book that they want more then anything else, and I am no exception. My Quest (which is almost as daunting as looking for the holey grail) is to obtain a copy of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Special #11" or the Winter 1994 issue as it's also known. That's a picture of it up there in the corner. This one is probably the hardest Ninja Turtle comic to find (I can't even find scans of the interior) and I will not rest until I have a copy.

In later posts I'll be talking about the comics I have and giving a complete list even. I don't plan on selling any of my comics but everything I have is available for trade if anyone is interested (and if the trade is right). Naturally, I'd trade anything I have for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Special #11...

No comments:

Post a Comment