Thursday, December 9, 2010

New Custom Project




I got the base figure for the new custom figure I plan to make. This time I'm looking to make were-rat Irma from the classic cartoon show. She was only a were-rat for one episode but I thought she looked really great as one. (One of The Ratking's few accomplishments)

For the base figure I'm using a Blink figure from the X-Men toy line. She had this awkward way of standing with her knees slightly bent and her toes pointing inward that gave a very insecure look that would be perfect for Irma. Her hands were also perfect for a were-rat. The figure is a bit more sexy then Irma ever was... let me make that WAY more sexy, but that's okay. She can be a sexy were-rat. I think becoming a were-rat was an improvement for Irma anyways.

For the head I had planned to take the head off of a Ninja Turtles 'Master Splinter' figure and sand it down just a bit to make it look more girlie, but as you can see in the picture, while the figures are about the same height, the proportions are way off. The head will be too big on her. That was something I hadn't planned on. Now I'm thinking I'll have to sculpt the rat features onto the already existing head. I can only hope it works out because as far as I know there aren't a whole lot of rat action figures out there to be used as parts. The Biker Mice From Mars sure won't work. I know... I checked...

No comments:

Post a Comment